Salaries on the move
SALARIES ON THE MOVE but not as we know it Jim
Look at our latest DE Salary Guide (BUILD) and you will see a significant shift in some salaries over the last few weeks.
WHERE IS THE SHIFT?
Most salaries are stable but not for BIM Co-ordinators. At the moment they are compressing.
- As budgets tighten, roles are increasingly defined by salary, not experience.
- Recruit spend is restricted to projects with a pre-defined budget for BIM skills.
- Most demand is for (Project) BIM Managers – with relevant delivery experience.
- Average PBM salary is £55k. That means £60k plus to entice someone from that role elsewhere.
- Budgets are restricted – £60k+ is rarely on the table at the moment. £50k is.
- Right now, ‘Proficient’ BIM co-ordinators (see definition below) are earning, on average, £45k. The best are being offered £50k to move.
NOTE THIS IS NOT EXCLUSIVE TO LONDON ANY MORE!
As the talent pool of Proficient BIM Co-ordinators is drained, the demand shifts to the ‘Competent’ and so those salaries have gradually been rising to £45k (in London). The regions are catching up as demand increases.
PBMs looking for £55k or less are in highest demand. They need delivery experience with a contractor.
‘Proficient’ BIM Co-ordinators looking for £45 to 50k, with the desire and capability to become BIM Managers quickly, are next. Contractor experience is not essential!