HOW TO MAKE SURE YOUR ADVERTS ARE SEEN BY ENOUGH – and the right – CANDIDATES
Maximising attention is the first and most important factor in ensuring good advert response. There is no point creating a wonderful advert if it isn’t seen by enough of the people you want to attract.
In a normal, stable market it is estimated that 20% of candidates are actively looking for a new role. The remaining 80% are passive job seekers. They are not actively looking but should they stumble across an ‘ideal’ opportunity, they could be tempted.
Everyone is competing to capture the attention of a fifth of the total market. Very few realise the opportunity to attract good candidates from the much larger passive audience.
GENERIC vs SPECIALISED JOB BOARDS
Generic job boards are used by candidates looking for jobs. If there are less active job seekers, these job boards do not attract as much volume. Adverts will get a better response if they are where the passive (as well as any active) audience is going.
A BIM JOB BOARD
With a library of BIM career centric information and regular articles, dbe.careers has become the go-to website for anyone wanting to make the most of their career in digital construction. It attracts a broad and focussed BIM community and is a better way to attract attention and, with the BIM jobs board on the same site, a better way for opportunities to be discovered.
Although placing your adverts in the right place is the most important factor, good timing is highly effective.
It is entirely logical that advertising when more people are visiting a site will attract more attention. When the BIM salary guide is published on dbe.careers, site traffic increases by over 500%. Look at the ‘number of visitors’ graph below to see how volume increased when the last two updates were published at the beginning of August and November in 2020…
The BIM salary guide updates are released quarterly. If the timing is right it is an ideal opportunity to maximise attention for your jobs for 3 months.
THE WILLOW CAMPAIGN
Willow were struggling to get good response to their adverts for senior level BIM candidates in Australia and Canada. Together with dbe.careers, Willow created a successful campaign (see referral below) following the AIDCA method:
A: To increase attention, Willow used dbe.careers to reach a more targeted community and the wider BIM audience. They also sponsored the BIM salary guide which had a significant increase in job applications.
More on how the campaign used Interest, Desire, Conviction and Action follows in the next steps.
Step 2 focuses on ‘Interest‘. Once you have found your audience you need to make sure you don’t lose them. ‘Interest’ focusses on how to communicate with your ideal candidate and give them a reason to keep reading.
If you are advertising now, please email email@example.com or call us on 03333 580 442
Click here to trial the BIM job board free for 3 months.
“I have to say some of the applications that have come through have been excellent. We have 5 interviews to arrange for next week with some really strong looking CV’s”
“Having utilised the DBE Careers job board recently for job advertising on behalf of Willow, we received an increased level of candidate activity and applications, and feel the site helped to profile our expansion into regions such as Australia and Canada.
The DBE team were very helpful and professional in advising us on our candidate attraction strategy and in suggesting targeted campaigns for specific countries.”
“Mike’s experience and knowledge helped us approach some challenging briefs more confidently by developing a clear strategy to find the best people.
The dbe website was definitely invaluable to our search and gave us the opportunity to meet some very smart professionals.
I would recommend DBE.CAREERS to any employer looking for the best BIM talent looking for their next career challenge.”
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.