The stuff I found most interesting for the BIM career centric this week.
Our first review of 2019’s Digital Construction Week from Lloyd Connors highlights how using the right procedures that already exist can eliminate dodgy data. All being well more contributors will be adding their views on DCW2019 over the next few days. If you would like to add anything noteworthy for the career centric, please get in touch.
Mr. Smith’s ‘not a blog’ on Monday was another eye opener. I thought/hoped we were past the days of selling the need for INFORMATION models. BEWARE dinosaurs, if you (ever) look up you will see a big dot in the sky! I welcome responses from anyone who has successfully solved this problem without resorting to violence. They will be good to share and help those in search of a babel fish. Scroll down to the bottom of the page on his post to add a comment – or email email@example.com
BIM JOB OF THE WEEK (courtesy of JohnsonBIM)
Trainee BIM Manager. A rare opportunity to develop your early BIM career as the right hand man/woman to the (genuinely good) firm-wide BIM leader.
ARTICLE OF THE WEEK
Ever wondered what a geospatial specialist does and how it impacts on your BIM world? This fascinating insight from Louise Irvine at Atkins has opened my eyes to an exciting career if you want to maximise the usefulness of data in the digital built environment.
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
“A BIM title does not a BIM organisation make – especially when those individuals move on and there is no cultural resilience left behind.“
Donatella Fiorella, BIM Manager at ISG – see the full article by Donatella here.
EVENTS NEXT WEEK
- Let’s see what chaos Westminster can inflict on us tomorrow?
- Free to attend webinar on Wednesday – how new technology delivers fit-out profitability.
- Connected World Summit on Tuesday and Wednesday – see our events page.
- Building Innovation Awards on Wednesday – see our events page.
- Our Q3 BIM Salary Guide update. Publishing on Friday 25th, the latest intelligence on what is happening with supply, demand and salaries for BIM specialists in the UK.